I usually start these posts off quite negatively, but I’m actually quite happy to be looking back at June!
Welcome to my next ‘Looking back’ post! If you missed the first Looking Back, where I explained it, the first post of each month will be a monthly round-up of the month before. That’s a lot of month in that paragraph!
So, let’s get into looking back at June, shall we?
What Did I Get Up To?
Like previous months I didn’t get up to a great deal, but I did actually do some things this month!
Seeing Friends And Family
I got to see some friends and family in person!!! Socially distanced, of course! Daz, Little J and I had a scrumptious BBQ at a friend’s house. Unfortunately, all the lovely weather that we’d been having deserted this for the afternoon. It ended up being a bit cold and drizzly – not that we minded; we were just so happy to be in each other’s company again!
We also visited my Mum, Dad and Auntie and it was so amazing! My mum has been in the hospital a couple of times over the last few months (not Covid-19, thank goodness!) and it has been so hard not seeing her. I couldn’t give her a hug, which was really difficult to remember, but it felt good to see her in person.
It was my Blogiversay last month! One whole year of blogging, I cannot believe it! I think having my Blogiversary has given me my mojo back. We’ll see how long that lasts.
I was thinking of putting a post together where I detail what I’ve learned blogging regarding SEO and DA, etc. Not sure I’m really qualified enough for that, though!
I amped up my Pinterest game this month, too, and as a result, I’ve had the most views from Pinterest this month since I started blogging. So I’m pretty happy about that!
So, you know how you don’t feel like eating as much in the summer because it’s so hot? Well, I am the complete opposite! I get so hungry it’s unreal! As soon as I’m warm, I want to stuff my face. Why? I try having a glass of water first, but when does that ever work? Does anybody else get like this in the heat?
To be perfectly honest, I haven’t tried very hard this month to lose weight. Due to focusing more on my blog and Little J not sleeping very well, I just haven’t been in the mood. Yeah, I’m making excuses.
Let’s see how I got on:
Starting Weight – 14st 2lbs
Todays Weight – 14st 5lbs
Arggggggggghhhhhhh! My first month, and I gain 3lbs? If anyone has any good healthy meal and snack ideas, please hit me up!
For our wedding anniversary, Darren’s dad bought 100 Dates – Scratch off bucket list by Gift Republic. As you can gather, what you do is scratch off the little panel for every date you have done together.
Rather than scratching off the ones we have already done, we have decided to work through the whole list. There are 100 things to do, so I’m hoping that we can do one a week, but we’ll see how that goes!
Did I Achieve My Goals?
These were my goals from May’s Post:
- Lose 2lbs – Well, that was a massive failure, wasn’t it. I gained. Now, I weigh more than I ever have before. Great.
- Start reading again – Yes! I did this one! I charged up my kindle, and I’ve been reading The Little Cornish Kitchen by Jane Linfoot. It mentions food. It makes me hungry. Which doesn’t help the weight loss thing, does it?
- Work on my blog photography – Okay, so I did cheat on this one just a tiny bit. Don’t look at me like that! I just wanted to make sure that I actually achieved something this month. I started working on my photography in May. I took the featured image for this post.
I researched how to use my iPhone to take better pictures, and I’m happy with the results so far. A proper camera would take better photos, and I would like to upgrade to one one day, but the budget won’t allow it at the moment. Unless anyone wants to treat me, of course……?
And I’ve completed some of my older goals too, such as completing Blogging courses. I am on fire this month! Let’s hope that it continues.
- Lose 2lb – Same as last month. Let’s hope I can do it this time. Please wish me luck!
- Get 700 views on my blog – Last month, I got 652 views, so I’m hoping to reach 700 this month. If there are any of my posts that you think people would enjoy or benefit from, please do feel free to share them on social media. I would be ever so grateful!
- Get organised – Everything is last minute with me. I procrastinate – surprising, right? This month I WILL learn just to get things done!
I feel pretty good about June. I feel like I’ve achieved something. I haven’t felt like that for a long time!
However, I am disappointed that I have managed to GAIN weight this month rather than lose it. What’s all that about? I just need to have more self-control! Because it’s that easy, right?
I think that might be everything! Thanks for looking back at June with me.
Before you go, would you please do me a favour? If you liked this post, would you mind just giving that little heart down the bottom of this page a click? Or maybe give it a like and share on social media? Or even leave me a little comment below. It really does make such a difference, and you have no idea how much I would appreciate it! Thank you.