Well March just flew by, didn’t it? Seriously, where did it go?! And I am SO glad that it did as in the UK we are now able to meet people outside and in gardens!! Finally! I could actually fall to my knees and weep! Am I being overdramatic? Yes. Do I care? Not in the slightest!
Also, this is my 101st post! I never thought that I would have that much to say and that people would want to read 1 of my posts, let alone 101 posts of my rambling thoughts. Thank you so much to everyone that has supported me!
Let’s get into looking back at March 2021!
I had my first COVID jab! I cannot tell you how lucky and relieved I feel to have had it. I’ll admit, I did feel a bit rough about 7 hours after having the injection. The symptoms lasted just under 24 hours. I had chills, a headache, achy muscles and I was so tired! Lots of fluid, rest and keeping up with the paracetamol seemed to help a lot!
For some reason, I have been very motivated with my blogging recently. I have been writing, promoting, taking pictures. Honestly, I have no idea where this motivation has come from but I’m loving it!
I have decided to try and up my blog photography game recently. I’ve never really liked the pictures that I’ve taken for my blog, but it was the best I could do. So I decided to purchase some props and other bits to see if I could take some better pictures and actually, I’m quite happy with how they have come out! These are the Easter shots that I took:
If there are any photography buffs out there who would be able to give some simple hints and tips on how to improve, I’m all ears!
I have been cooking some amazing meals this month! Some not so great, but mostly amazing! I made a Slimming World Szechuan pork dish and honestly, it was heavenly! I don’t seem to have lost any weight yet but that’s probably because I haven’t started exercising yet. But I have started making better choices. If I’m hungry in the evenings I’m opting for a salad or fat free yoghurt. It’s going to be very difficult in the few weeks as there is going to be a lot of chocolate in the house!
I’ll be completely honest, my mental health has not been so great recently. I have had a lot of wobbles and ‘almost’ panic attacks this month which really sucks. I’ve actually spoken to the doctor to get my Sertraline dose increased again. I have no idea what has caused this but it’s really knocked me. It’s not just the panic attacks either, I’ve also been angry, stroppy, tired, short-fused and a little depressed. So I’m making some changes. Fingers crossed I can bring you some good mental health news next month.
What I’m Watching
I watched the Carolyn Flack documentary this month. It was so unbelievably sad and served as a reminder to just be kind to people, as you have no idea what they hell they are going through.
I also watch the Paris Hilton documentary ‘This is Paris’ that is on YouTube currently. I’m not a fan of Paris but for some reason, I was drawn to this. Perhaps because she admitted that the Paris that we’ve been seeing all these years was just a front. And in real life, her voice is completely different!
What I’ve Loved This Month
It’s another children’s subscription box! This one is called toucanBox and it’s full of arts and crafts! toucanBox is a monthly arts and crafts subscription service that is sent directly to your door, aimed at children aged 3-8. Me and Little J have had so much fun with these boxes. Make sure you check out my post as you can get 50% off of your first box!
These were the goals I set in February:
- Lose 2lbs – Ummmm…..no. This didn’t happen this month
- Start some exercise – This also did not happen this month
- Get 1,200 views – YES! I actually got 1,279. Thank you so much!
Goals For April:
- Pinterest – I’ve completely ignored Pinterest for the last few weeks. I was getting fed up with constantly plugging away at it and only getting 1-2 impressions per Pin so I gave for a while. Unfortunately, a big chunk of my monthly views come from Pinterest so I’m going to have to suck it up and start using it again!
- Do something good for my mental health – I’ve left this deliberately quite general. I’ve already made a couple of good changes but there’s always more, such as a gratitude diary, exercise etc.
- Lose 2lbs! – I’m going to need a LOT of self-control over the next month to make sure that I don’t eat all the chocolate. I love chocolate!
And that’s it from me for now. Thanks for looking back at March 2021 with me!
Before You Go, Make Sure You Check Out My Posts From March:
- Looking Back At February 2021
- Mud and Bloom Subscription Box Review
- How To Track Your Fertile Window
- Trying To Conceive Acronyms
- toucanBox Review And Why I Love It
- Fun And Easy Easter Activities For Toddlers