Urgh, do we really want to be looking back at March??
Welcome to my next ‘Looking back’ post! If you missed the first one, Looking Back is a round-up post of my previous month. The first post of each month will be a monthly round-up of the month before.
Thing is, being on lockdown I haven’t actually been up to that much at all. This is is going to be a very short post……
What Did I Get Up To?
Let’s start on a positive note, shall we? Before we all got put on lockdown I had a girls night with my lovely friends and sister. We did homemade pizza, we had drinks and a bloody good chat. It was well needed and I’m so glad that we managed to get a night together before everything happened with Covid-19!
My Mental Health
I must admit, due to being on lockdown, my mental health has been suffering. I suffered a slight panic attack one night which really knocked me as it’s been so long since I last had one!
I’ve also a lot more stroppy (if it’s even possible!!) because I am just so fed up of being stuck in the house or garden. Me and Little J normally have playgroups, Caterpillar Music or soft play to go to, so being stuck indoors is driving us both a bit mad! Like everyone else I imagine! So that’s why I wrote 14 Ways To Look After Your Mental Health. At a time like this, we really need to make sure that we are looking after ourselves!
I love blogging, but partway through the month I lost a bit of my blogging mojo. Due to everything going on with the coronavirus, my blog views weren’t as great as I’d hoped that they would be and I felt a bit disheartened.
Looking on Twitter I saw so many fellow bloggers talking about how their views were at an all-time low too. It’s a tough time for everyone at the moment so I realised that I just need to keep at it and hopefully provide a little distraction for everyone!
Apologies for the awful picture!
I was actually thinking of writing a whole post dedicated to my nightmare skin journey! I had an appointment (finally!) with the dermatologist. Apparently, what I have is very common (Atopic Dermatitis).
It was quite a quick appointment, where I was prescribed antibiotics and a new cream to try. I was also advised to purchase some quite expensive face wash and moisturiser. Typical.
I had to wean my skin off of the strong steroid cream and move onto the new cream. This was my skin before the new treatment started working. Its been quite a slow process but things are slowly starting to look better. Fingers crossed next month I’ll be able to show you a clear face 🤞
Did I Achieve My Goals?
These were my goals from February
- Understand Pinterest for blogging – I kind of achieved this one. I set up my account and created lots of pins….that’s it at the moment. There is sooo much that goes on in the background with Pinterest for blogging that I think it’s going to take me a while. If you’re a Pinterest lover, why don’t you give me a follow?? 😝
- Keep up to date with a blogging schedule – I did achieve this one! And I’m very proud of myself too 😂 I found that having a schedule and diary really helped and kept me motivated.
- Write up Focus on You – I achieved this one too. I have actually already published two posts – Ellie’s Story and Laura’s story. I have a few more to write up but if you want to get involved, please do fill in the form at the bottom of the post Focus on You.
My Goals For April
- Keep up to date with a blogging schedule – I know I did this one last month but it’s really important to me that I stick with it!
- Stop eating everything in sight – Am I just thirsty? Am I bored? Either way, I need to gain some self-control when it comes to the fridge and cupboards.
- Write up my new Monthly newsletter – I’ve decided to start a monthly newsletter! I’m actually quite excited about it. I’ll be honest, I have no idea what I’m doing but I’m doing it anyway.
I have a few posts planned out and these are a bit more formal than my normal style which means I’m missing out on the chatty element of my posts. So, I thought that it might be a bit of fun to start a newsletter!
It will be an informal chat, where hopefully I’ll get to know you a bit better, get feedback on my posts and find out what you like or don’t like about my posts. After all, if you don’t like what I’m writing, what’s the point?
The newsletter would include links to the last month’s posts and I also thought I’d do a bit of background to the posts, why I wrote it, inspiration, problems I encountered (a lot, probably), that kind of thing.
I really hope that you’ll want to join me on this. If so, you can sign up with the below form:
Don’t worry, I will not be spamming you with emails. After the sign up email and welcome email, you’ll only get one email a month from me – The newsletter, which I plan on sending the 1st of each month.
And I think that’s it. Thank you so much for looking back at March with me!
Before you go…
If you can, please, please, please make sure that you are staying at home and not meeting up with people outside of your household. Like a lot of people, I am missing my mum and want to see friends and family. The longer we ignore the rules put in place (to keep us safe!) the longer we will be on lockdown. Please.
Also – wash your hands 😘😘😘