Welcome to my next ‘Looking back’ post – Looking Back At September 2020! If you missed the first Looking Back where I explained it, the first post of each month will be a monthly round-up of the month before. That’s a lot of month in that paragraph!
I actually had quite a busy month in September! This never happens to me 🤣 I normally struggle with what to tell you but I’ve started writing everything down that I do in a month! It’s a good thing I did too, as I had already forgotten a lot of the things that I did at the start of the month.
Anyway, let’s get into looking back at September, shall we?
Seeing Friends and Family
Oooh for once I have so much to tell you!!
My mother-in-law and I took Little J to Beale Park. Unsurprisingly, Little J was not bothered with the animals AT ALL, but he loved being able to have a run around and play in the park. He ADORED the train. So much so, that he threw a tantrum when it came to getting off!
I also met up with my sister and two nephews for a lovely Morning/Afternoon at a National Trust Garden and picnic. It was lovely, apart from Little J deciding that he didn’t want to do anything I said and continuously ran off!
We had my (grown-up) nephew and his lovely girlfriend pop over for some lunch one day and I also had a picnic at a local park with my best friends. It was so nice to sit in the sun! Little J took a little nap which allowed me to catch up with them both which was very kind of him!
And finally, we started back at some groups this month! We had a session of Caterpillar music and Little J started football! He hasn’t a clue what he’s doing but he loves kicking the ball, so that’s the main thing!
Phew! That was a lot!
(Just to be clear, this was all safe and socially distanced. My health and the health of my friends and family will always come first.)
I feel like I’ve been so good recently! I have managed to cut out snacking (it’s a miracle!) and I’ve only had one or two drinks! I’ve got to say, I am incredibly proud of myself!
Starting Weight in May – 14st 2lbs
June’s Weight – 14st 5lbs
July’s Weight – Didn’t weigh!
Todays weight – 14st 1lbs
Yes, finally!!! I am moving in the right direction! I am so happy.
My DA went up 1 point from 11 to 12!!! 🥳 And then went back down again at the end of the month 😭 I’m pretty gutted but I WILL bounce back from this.
I also gained two new email subscribers! 🥳🥳
As you might be aware, I took an Active Blogging Break towards the end of September. I hadn’t planned to have a break, but I felt like I was burning myself out/chasing my own tail and I felt like I needed a break from posting for a while. I was still writing and producing content behind the scenes though.
To help me stay focused, I made a list of everything that I want to achieve in my blogging break. When I made the list it didn’t seem that much. But actually, when it came down to doing it, it was A LOT. These were my break goals:
- Create 1,000,000 pins – Not really, but I do want to create a lot so that I can get ahead of myself.
- Update old content – I want to make sure that my best and more popular posts are SEO friendly and also implement everything I’ve learnt.
- Write up posts ready for October and schedule them including social media
- Come up with ideas for November and December
- Finish and start implementing everything that I have learnt from Jenny in Neverland and The Navigato
Did I manage to do it all?
- Create 1,000,000 pins – Alomst!
- Update old content – Yes, I updated any cover photos that I no longer liked and made my top posts more SEO friendly
- Write up posts ready for October and schedule them including social media – Yes!
- Come up with ideas for November and December – Mostly!
- Finish and start implementing everything that I have learnt from Jenny in Neverland and The Navigato – This one is ongoing and also kind of falls into number 2 as well. So, yes lol.
Did I Achieve My Goals?
These were my goals that I set in August:
- 800 Blog views – Yes! It happened! I thought that I had screwed myself over but taking my blogging break, but I still managed to get a good trickle of views in the last week and I hit 833! Thank you so much!
- Complete ‘Blogging Mindset Mastery’ by Jenny in Neverland – Yes! It was amazing and I’m feeling super inspired and motivated!
- 850 Blog views – I don’t want to jump up too high after the success of September, so let’s see if I can better last month with 850 views.
- Post to Instagram 3x a week – I do tend to ignore my Instagram quite a bit, I’m not really too sure why. If anyone wants to help me boost my numbers you can follow me here 😘😘Also, if any bloggers know of any good cheap (or free!) presets let me know!
And I’m done looking back at September. For once I had a busy month!
I feel ready going into October. I thoroughly enjoyed my active blogging break. Trying to schedule posts onto Facebook and Twitter, create Pins and do writing was causing me stress! In my break, I was able to just write and come up with new ideas. It reminded me of why I enjoyed blogging in the first place.