A new post on a Saturday? Don’t worry; I’ve not got myself confused (not this time, anyway!) I have decided to change up my blogging schedule ever so slightly going forward. I will now be publishing my Looking Back posts on the 1st of each month. I’ll try this new schedule out for a while anyway and see how it goes!
Let’s get into looking back at April 2021!
I SAW FAMILY!
As you’re allowed to have two households in a garden now, Daz, Little J and I went to my sister’s garden for her 40th birthday. It was amazing. Thankfully, she has a decent size garden. The sun was shining, and it was a beautiful way to spend some time together, socially distanced, of course!
I’m struggling with consistency at the moment, promoting my older posts on Facebook and Pinterest and posting to Instagram. I start really well; however, I soon lose motivation. If anyone has any tips on staying consistent, I would love to hear them!
Other than promoting, I’m actually doing quite well! I have some posts already written up for the coming month. I also have a giveaway going live later this month, so make sure you keep an eye out for that. I can’t wait to share the details with you all!
Honestly, my mental health has been pretty crap this month. I’ve got no idea why it has suddenly nosedived. I have already started making positive changes, but as with everything, you have to give it time to start working.
One positive change that I have made is I’ve stopped drinking alcohol. After evaluating my drinking, I realised that I was starting to edge towards some unhealthy habits, so I have decided to cut back. Since then, I haven’t had an alcoholic drink. My husband has also decided to cut back. In the evenings, we now drink Redbush and camomile tea. Very rock and roll, right!?
As a result of not drinking, I am getting more and better quality sleep. So I honestly have no idea why my mental health is getting worse?!
I lost weight this month! Woohoo! It must be a result of not drinking, I guess. I have been making a bit of an effort to eat better, but I could be trying harder. For example, last month, I made two Mars bar cheesecakes. Just to clarify, these were on separate weekends! And we didn’t eat both; one was for my sister!
What I’m Watching
Darren and I have just finished watching The Falcon and The Winter Soldier. It was incredible—action, action and a bit more action. I’ll be completely honest, there were some parts of the storyline that I didn’t quite follow, but it gave all the action and fun that you come to expect of Marvel. Also, I had no idea that it was THE Falcon and THE Winter Solider. It seems like a lot of ‘the’s’ to me 😂
Due to having bad mental health this month, this is the only new programme I have watched. Other than that, I have been watching a lot of Benidorm, which is my comfort show.
What I’ve Loved This Month
The product that I have loved this month is something that was bought for Little J. For Easter, his crazy nanny got him some Little Brian Paint Sticks, and honestly, they are incredible! We enjoy painting, but it just requires so much prep and clear up. There is none of that with these Paint sticks. They look like chunky crayons, but they twist up and have lids and dry within 60 seconds. The colour payoff is just incredible too.
These were the goals I set in March:
- Pinterest – I started the month so well. I made 230 Pins and scheduled consistently for a few weeks, but I gave up towards the end of the month.
- Do something good for my mental health – As I mentioned above, I’ve given up drinking!
- Lose 2lbs – Yes! I’m amazed that I did lose anything as I made two mars bar cheesecakes. It must be from not drinking?
Goals For May
- STAY CONSISTENT – This is focused on my blogging. I need to make sure that I’m continuously scheduling posts to Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest all month. Not just for a few weeks at a time!
- Start Meditating – I need to carry on looking after my mental health. No drinking is a fantastic start; however, I know I need to do more.
- Do things that make me happy – I need to remember that I can do things that make me happy, purely for the simple fact that they make me happy. Not just because it will be good for my mental health
And that’s it from me for now. Thanks for looking back at April 2021 with me!
Before You Go, Make Sure You Check Out My Posts From April:
- Looking Back at March 2021
- My Bullying Experience – Darren’s Story
- Ones Enough – Or Is It? Do I want another baby?
- How To Get Your Feet Ready For Summer