Photo by Bich Tran
Already?? Seriously, how are we looking back at April already? Last month just flew by!
Welcome to my next ‘Looking back’ post! If you missed the first Looking Back, the first post of each month will be a monthly round-up of the month before. That’s a lot of month in that paragraph!
So, let’s get into looking back at April, shall we?
What Did I Get Up To?
Thanks for reading.
I actually checked back through my photos to see if I did do anything that I’d forgotten about, but nope. Honestly, April just went by in a blur of nothingness. And the less I do, the less I actually want to do. It’s a vicious circle.
My mental health (like many people, I imagine) has been ALL OVER THE PLACE! I’m fine, then I’m not, I’m motivated, then I’m not, I’m hyper and full of energy, then I’m not……and you get the picture.
I’ve been having later nights, eating more, drinking more. It’s really not good for me, and I’m suffering because of it. But do you know what? I’m not beating myself up about it. Lockdown is a whole new situation that I’ve never been in before. I’m going to make some mistakes and not know what I’m doing most of the time (which is pretty standard for me anyway, to be honest).
Another reason why my mental health has been so all over the place recently is due to Little J’s temper tantrums. No matter what Daz and I try to do, he has been;
- Stamping his feet
- Headbutting (literally e v e r y t h i n g, doors, walls, windows, radiators, me, Daz….We’ve developed lightning-fast reflexes to stop him from hurting himself)
- Throwing toys
- Not eating or only eating cereal
- Honestly, it goes on and on…
I don’t know what he wants, he doesn’t know what he wants, and all of us are really struggling.
I know it’s tough for him. One minute we’re out at groups and playdates etc., then suddenly he’s stuck indoors with only me and his dad to look at. To be honest, I think he’s sick of seeing our faces, and I don’t blame him in the slightest.
It’s just so tough when you want to help them, but you can’t.
Did I Achieve My Goals?
These were my March Goals:
- Keep up to date with a blogging schedule – No
- Stop eating everything in sight – Really no
- Write up my new Monthly newsletter – Yes! I actually achieved this one. It was so exciting to send my first newsletter out. For those that signed up for it, I hope you enjoyed it! And if you want to sign up, just pop your email below:
- Look After Myself – I have not been taking care of myself as much recently, and I’m finding everything really overwhelming. So I want to just take a bit of time every day to do one thing for myself. That might be some yoga, meditation, painting my nails, having a long shower, walking, etc.
- Actually keep up to date with my damn blogging schedule! – There is so much that goes on in the background of blogging, not just the writing part. There’s also keeping up with social media, coming up with new ideas, website maintenance, and creating images – just to name a few. When I don’t keep up to date with my blogging schedule, I fall behind and then lose motivation, and you see the problem.
- Finish my blogging courses – I have signed up for some blogging courses the last few months, which I haven’t completed (or actually started….), so I want actually to crack on and get those completed this month.
And that’s it for now. Hopefully, I’ll do a bit better this month with reaching my goals compared to last month.
Thanks for looking back at April with me! Here’s to good things happening in May!